1. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Mrs Lynne Barber, The Dog House, 43 Malmesbury Road, The Leigh, SN6 6RH.
Information we collect
2. We will collect personal data that is only directly provided to us by you the user, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
3.When you make an enquiry either by phone, email or through our website you provide us with your name, email address and any other information relevant to your enquiry. This information is then installed on our electronic system. Your email address is not added to a mailing list. We do not share any of the information given to us with third parties unless prior consent is sought from you. Generally your consent will be sought for;-contacting your vet, the Kennel Club or another behaviourist.
4. When you make a payment for one of our courses, you pay us either in cash or cheque if by BACS directly via transfer of funds from your bank to ours – you are in complete control of the process. We do not use third party payment processors and we never ask you to provide us with your debit/credit card details. If we have agreed to pay you a refund, then we ask you to provide us with your bank account details so we can transfer the money directly or pay by cheque.
5. An audit of information is carried out on an annual basis and is removed if you have either finished a course or an enquiry has not come to fruition.
Use of your information
6. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
7. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
8. If at anytime we are made aware of misuse of data we will inform you and take the required steps to report it.
Disclosure of information
9. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud.
10. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you such as a vet or a behaviourists or services that you may be interested in.
Controlling the use of your data
Where we store and transfer your data
13. Our computer systems are backed up to a Cloud-based system.
14. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
16. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
17. You might from time to time find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Changes to this policy
20. This policy is reviewed on an annually basis however we may update this document if required to do so to reflect changes to regulations, our website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.